NCS-30 nonconductive thread compound is a premium qual- ity, nonmetallic compound containing carbon based fibers and additives and other natural extreme pressure and anti-wear additives. These are blended into JET-LUBE’s high temp calcium complex base grease. This new base grease offers the additional advantage of superior adhesion to wet steel surfaces, resistance to water wash-off, and most drilling muds. Especially effective for invert or high-pH muds.
- Superior resistance to water/moisture
- Excellent performance on high-chrome or nickel alloys
- Contains no metals
- NSF H2 Registered
- Extreme-pressure additives provide additional protection against seizing and galling
- Nonconductive for MWD applications
- ProvidesmaximumprotectiononWedgeThreadTM* drill string connection designs
NCS-30’s solids package is formulated to prevent excessive circumferential makeup by increasing the coefficient of friction under compressive forces. As stress levels rise above 50% of yield, the friction factor increases, limiting down hole makeup. Full hydraulic joint efficiency is maintained allowing joint shoulder faces to mate completely without standoff or deformation. NCS-30, with frictional properties similar to KOPR-KOTE®, has been designed to utilize the makeup charts in API RP7G. Premium drill string connections such as HI-TORQUE® (HT), eXtreme® Torque (XT®), and XT-MTM connections, etc., utilize make-up torques based upon thread compound friction factors of 1.0. Therefore, use the torque provided by the premium connection manufacturer. Adjusting make-up torque based on thread compound friction factor may still be advised.
- For a“Yellow”-ratedproduct,useNCS-30®ECFTM.
- Designed for optimum performance on all Rotary-Shouldered conections such as Tool Joints and Drill Collars. It can also be used on premium/proprietary thread designs such as Double-Shouldered, Wedge ThreadTM*, and other types of mechanical seal designs. It may also be used on certain non-interference tubing thread designs when properly torqued compensated.
|Dropping Point (ASTM D-2265)
|Oil Separation (ASTM D-6184)
WT. % LOSS @ 212°F (100°C)
|Flash Point (ASTM D-92)
|300 - 330
|Copper Strip Corrosion
Relative to API RP 7G
Relative to API RP 5A3
|1.15 (drill strings)
1.40 (relative to AP-Mod)
|| -20ºF (-29º C) to 500ºF (260ºC)
Shelf Life: Minimum two years from manufacture date.
*Many factors such as pipe size, thread geometry, drilling mud contamination, etc. affect the friction factor. This is a relative number and in all applications experience and prior knowledge should be used to adjust make-up torque accordingly.